Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Writing Space



This weekend I cleaned my office, so I thought I'd take a picture and share the space where I write my stories.

I usually sit here mornings and try to write about ten pages a day (those are on the good days). My desk is usually littered with story notes, because a lot of the plotting doesn't take place behind the desk, but late at night or in the afternoon on my walks. I think the most creative time for my brain is when I first wake up. I've heard this is so for many people. If I don't have a notebook handy by my bed, by the time I get going in the morning, those ideas could be long gone to never, never land.

Another thing I spend time doing at my desk is researching. Some days are just spent surfing the Web in search of obscure historical facts. Today I spent quite a bit of time trying to find out what men most smoked in 1893: cigarettes, cigars or pipes. All three were in existence, but it turns out that in a lot of the U.S., chewing tobacco was still king.

There's no smoking in my current Love Inspired Historical, Hometown Cinderella. Just clean, healthy life on the farm!

Hope you are enjoying the coming of spring. I so enjoy the sound of birds from my backyard lately. AND, Daylight Savings Time!

Be blessed.

Ruth

No comments: