Thursday, March 22, 2012

What's An Author's Most Valuable Asset? Readers


Happy Spring - from Gail Gaymer Martin at http://www.gailmartin.com/

The last I spoke to you was in February where I was spending the winter in Sedona, AZ, but surprise, surprise, winter never came to Michigan. Was it wasted effort? No I was inspired with story ideas there. Here we are one day into spring with 80 degree temperatures. Life is full of surprises. . .and so are readers. Why? Let me tell you.

One thing I've learned while writing for publicatoin these last fourteen years is that what is a writer without readers -- not only do you purchase our books, but you provide valuable information. My readers group on Facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110543112472 helps me think of titles, story ideas, and become influencers of my upcoming releases when I send some of them a novel not yet released. I have enjoyed this faithful group and find them invaluable to me as a writer. You are my cheerleaders and often a source of great information. I can't thank you enough.
  

The cover has arrived for my next LI to be release in June, and I hope you look for it in stores or online at the end of May.  A DREAM OF HIS OWN is the final book in the Dreams Come True series and will be Ava's story. It will also reveal the only mystery in the series. Who is the lone donor f or the Dreams Come True Foundation and, as important, why?


No comments: