Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Winter Pleasures from Marta Perry

While the cold winds blow and the snow piles up, what do you enjoy doing? Winter is, for many of us, a time to catch up on the pleasures we don't take time for when the warm sunshine beckons. I'm sure reading is near the top of your list, as it is mine! I've been re-reading a number of old favorites this winter, enjoying some that are newly available on my Kindle. And I'm reading my way through a stack of Rita books as I near the end of my judging time period.

During the winter, we usually have a jigsaw puzzle spread out on our coffee table, and anyone who comes in is welcome to put a few pieces in to share the fun. Here's a picture of the great Amish scene jigsaw puzzle my husband gave me for Christmas. It even prompted him to suggest that an Amish buggy repair shop would be an interesting occupation for one of my characters!



I've been enjoying sewing this winter, as well, and teaching my grandchildren how to use the sewing machine. We've made some great projects together, to say nothing of having a lot of fun!
Do you have a favorite hobby to share with children or grandchildren?



And then there are the projects that I feel must be done at our vacation home while we're here. This year that included a first for me--making a slipcover for my recliner. Harder than I expected, but I'm fairly pleased with the results. I think a few wrinkles are inevitable if it's going to be removable!

Hope you had a productive winter--or a restful one--or whatever your spirit needed this year.
Blessings,
Marta

4 comments:

custom scholarship essays writing said...

Making you writing skill develop with us

Keli Gwyn said...

I'm glad you've been enjoying your winter, Marta. Out in California we haven't had much of one. We're headed for our fourth year of drought. It has made for beautiful days, though. Even so, I'll trade you for some rain or snow.

Shirley said...

My granddaughters are too little to do much with besides bake cookies. My daughters and I like to sew, cook, and make cards together. I have also done a lot of reading this winter while my hubby has been in the hospital.

Jennifer said...

Shirley sorry to hear your husband has been in the hospital I'll add him to my prayers.
Marta I wish I had anyone of your talents mending buttons is the only one I can do. Reading is definitely something I'm enjoying. My boys have been trying to teach me to play video games with them. It's fun to make them laugh.Jenny