Monday, March 9, 2015

Losing Time

Keli Gwyn here stifling a yawn.

I don't know about you, but the transition to Daylight Savings Time causes me to be as sleepy as Dorothy and her pals were when they traipsed through the poppy field on their way to Oz.


I spent much of Sunday afternoon forcing myself to stay awake when all I really wanted to do was follow my cats' lead. Our furry fellows found a warm spot in the front window and dozed off.


In order to stay awake, Gwynly and I took a walk on our local hiking trail. That worked well.

But then I got home.


I sat down to prepare my post, but the combination of the California sunshine streaming through the window and my comfy chair nearly lulled me to sleep. Only by force of will was I able to keep from nodding off.

What is it about Daylight Savings Time that makes me so sleepy? Does just knowing I lost an hour cause my eyelids to droop?

I've lost far more than an hour's sleep while writing or while reading a great story written by another Love Inspired author and been fine the next day. So, I  wonder, is my sleepiness all in my head?

What do you think?
Is the fatigue some of us experience when Daylight Savings Time begins real or imagined?

I'm eager to hear what you have to say and will respond to comments. Providing I haven't sneaked off to take a nap that is. :-)

4 comments:

Library Lady said...

I'm not sure if there is any truth to loosing an hours sleep or not. I spent the afternoon with a friend who broke her ankle and is in a wheelchair. I just hope that I didn't cause her to miss her nap.
Janet E.
von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

Keli Gwyn said...

Janet, I'm sorry to hear about your friend's broken ankle. How sad. I'm sure she was glad to have your help.

If she needs something to do while she's recovering, you could always give/loan her a book from her favorite Love Inspired line. ;-)

Jennifer said...

I'm always feeling tired and worn out. Your kitties have right idea. They are so cute all cuddled up. 😄😄😄😄

Keli Gwyn said...

Jennifer, I'm sorry you're feeling tired. I hope you're able to get some restful sleep. Maybe that would help.

Thanks for the kind words about our boys. They are cute when they're getting along. Unfortunately, they don't always. I caught them on a good day. :-)