Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Allie Pleiter on "February Eve"


January is a long month.  February at least has Valentine’s Day, and in March you can fool yourself into believing Spring is around the corner (at least here in Chicago it involves a bit of foolery).  But January?  Not much going for it.  New Years pretty much just tags along on Christmas’s coat tails. I’m a patriotic gal, but Presidential and Civil Rights Leader holidays don’t really rev up my celebrational tendencies.  Yep, January’s long and cold.
But hey, tomorrow’s FEBRUARY!  Ah, February.  Now, that’s a fine month.
February brings the release of Falling for the Fireman, the first book in my Gordon Falls series.  I had so much fun with a quirky small town in my Bluegrass series that I had to do it all over again.  This time I matched sunny, optimistic candy store owner Jeannie Nelworth with grumpy, scarred fire marshall Chad Owens.  They’re perfect for each other...only they don’t know it yet.  When Chad becomes involved in Jeannie’s troubled young son’s affairs, life gets tangled up for everyone.  Add an plump-but-adorable dog, and it’s a story I hope you’ll love as much as I do.
February is the perfect time to chat about candy and love.  My candy favorite is chocolate covered salt caramels--which just happen to be Jeannie’s specialty (how do you suppose that happened?).  I love the salted caramel hot chocolate from Starbuck’s too.  My husband loves Caramel Cremes--those caramel discs with the white cream centers.  My son is fond of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.  
What about you? What’s your favorite candy?

No comments: