Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy 2012 by Marta Perry

So here we are, eleven days into 2012. Have you broken your New Year's Resolutions yet?

I'll tell you a secret: I've decided that making resolutions on January 1st is a really bad idea. Think about it--you're already tired out from lack of sleep during the holiday season, you've been eating too much, your brain and your body are both protesting at the idea of just getting out of bed. So why do we decide we're going to turn over a new leaf on the 1st of the year? Whether it's giving up a bad habit or starting a good one, I think my chances of keeping a resolution are much better on any other day of the year!

Maybe this year I'll try making a fresh start on January 11th instead of January
1st. I hereby resolve that I'll smile more often, tell people I love them more often, and appreciate the magnificent gifts God has given all of us each day.

So happy January 11th to you. I wish you joy and peace throughout this new year.

Blessings,
Marta Perry

No comments: