Thursday, January 5, 2012

Surprises



This is the cover for my January book, Montana Match, which is on the shelves now. Even though I supply the art department with photos and descriptions of my characters and setting for the novel, I wait eagerly to see what the cover will look like. It is always a nice surprise to see the cover for the first time.



The photo above shows my hero, Parker and the dog that made it's way into the story just because of this picture. The photo below is Brittany, my heroine, who is a secondary character in one of my earlier novels, Love Walked In. When I saw this picture in a catalog, I immediately knew it was the perfect image of the character I had created in my mind.


I think they did an excellent job in capturing the characters and setting in my story on my book cover. Don't you?

Do you like surprises, or are you one of those people who doesn't like to be surprised for any reason? I like surprises. My husband gave me one of the best surprises of my life a few years ago when he took me to the Wimbledon Tennis Championships. Here I am at Centre Court.


I have been an avid tennis player and fan for years, so this was an especially wonderful surprise.
What kind of surprises do you like or not like?

No comments: