Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Years Goals

Kim Watters here. Today I'm here to talk about NewYear's goals. You see, I don't make resolutions. They're too easy to break. For me, a goal makes me more accountable (at least in my own mind). I don't set lofty ones--or try not too--because they would be too easy to modify. So my goals for me this year are to sell two books to Love Inspired, go to the YMCA to work out twice a week, and get and stay more organized. I can't seem to function very well if things are messy and I can't find what I'm looking for. This past year has been extremely hard because I moved and things are still in boxes and bins in my garage, and nothing has been filed, it's just sitting in a banker's box. Now that the holidays are over, it's time to get everything in its place. A quality I hope to instill in my children!



In my writing, I use a lot of spreadsheets to keep track of my characters, my fictious towns, chapter scenes etc. With the click of a mouse, I can see what color my heroine's eyes are, or what shop is next to the candle store in town.



So, let's check back at the end of the year and see how I did. Will I be able to use my garage to park my car? Will I be able to find that receipt or owner's manual when I need it? Will I be dedicated enough to work out twice a week? And find time to get two books written? I'll let you know in December. Until then, what are your goals or resolutions for 2012? Inquiring minds want to know.

No comments: