Monday, March 25, 2013

Craving Routine

Susan Sleeman here! As I sat down to come up with a topic for my blog post this morning, I couldn’t seem to think of anything. I’ve recently moved cross-country. I’m still not settled into a routine andI find myself not being able to focus.

I didn’t realize how important routine was in my life. Don’t get me wrong, I love adventures, but there’s something comforting that at the end of the adventure I can come home to a safe haven where I can go on auto pilot and not really think about everything I’m doing. I miss that feeling. The comfort of it all.

No Way Out by Susan Sleeman
In my upcoming May release, No Way Out, my heroine Alyssa craves the same thing. Her life is turned upside down when her police officer  husband is killed on duty and they find drugs in his car. His partner steps up, helping her take care of her twins, but life is in turmoil. She doesn’t think things can get any more unsettled when she finds out this partner is involved in illegal dealings as well.

My life isn’t quite so dramatic. Yet, right now, I can really feel her distress. So what about you? Do you like routine or do you like to mix things up?

Here’s a sneak peek at the third book in The Justice Agency series.
NO WAY OUT
WHO CAN SHE TRUST?
Alyssa Wells has uncovered evidence that her police officer husband was murdered by his partner-a dangerous claim in a small town. After two tours in Iraq, protecting Alyssa and her children shouldn’t be a problem for private investigator Cole Justice. Alyssa feels drawn to him, but how can she trust anyone after everything she’s been through? Cole’s sure his heart is closed off to love, but Alyssa and her children seem to have found a way in. As the killer draws closer, Alyssa realizes she’s trusting Cole with more than her safety.


Susan Sleeman SUSAN SLEEMAN is a best-selling author of inspirational romantic suspense and mystery novels. Her first romantic suspense title, High-Stakes Inheritance earned a spot on the ECPA bestseller list and her Garden Gate Mystery series, which features Nipped in the Bud, and Read Between the Tines has enjoyed time on Amazon bestseller lists as well. And The Christmas Witness was named a finalist in the 2011 Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense.
Much to her husband's chagrin, Susan loves to look at everyday situations and turn them into murder and mayhem scenarios for future novels. If you've met Susan, she has probably figured out a plausible way to kill you and get away with it. Don't worry, she'd never follow through on it.
In addition to writing, Susan hosts the popular internet website www.TheSuspenseZone.com
. She currently lives in Oregon, but has had the pleasure of living in nine states. Her husband is a church music director and they have two beautiful daughters, a very special son-in-law, and an adorable grandson.



To connect with Susan outside her– Website
Visit any of these social media sites-



No comments: