Friday, May 20, 2011

Leigh Bale Reflects on Kids & Blessings


I had a different blog all prepared for posting today, but then got a call from my son last night and had to change it. He’s a U.S. Marine and called to tell us he was just promoted to sergeant. Believe me, I am one proud mama.

In reflecting back on my son’s life, I realize he was born a Marine. His favorite hymn has always been Onward Christian Soldiers. He’s a wonderful husband and father. I’m so grateful I get to be his mom.

Most of you already know my daughter is getting married next month. I can hardly believe I get to witness that day. When she was just seven years old, she was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. She is now less than 1% survivorship in the WORLD for her type of brain tumor. Truly the Lord has been good to us.


AND…I have a new book out this month titled The Forest Ranger’s Promise. You can also look for my next book titled The Forest Ranger’s Husband to be released November 2011.

Talk about blessings from Heaven. My heart is very full right now. There is a hymn titled Count Your Blessings, written in the 1800’s. The lyrics begin: “When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed. When you are discouraged thinking all is lost. Count your many blessings, name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.”

Do you ever get discouraged and count your blessings to remind you how good the Lord is to you? What blessings are you grateful for this month? I wish each of you all the happiness this world can offer and hope you have too many blessings for you to count. :)

No comments: