Friday, January 15, 2010

Have you ever had one of those days?


Have you had ever one of those days when everything goes wrong? I had a day like that in early December. I was to do a library conference and hand out books. I thought it was on Wednesday. I substitute taught on Tuesday, then when I got home, I called the friend I was to do the signing with the next day. She informed me it was that day, Tuesday. I was floored.

That news was combined with the news from my editor she wanted to buy my newest proposal. I had a couple of minutes to digest before I rushed off to see Debbie Macomber. She was in our town signing books and giving a talk. I got my mother one of her books. If you've never heard Debbie, it's a treat. But I digress.

What's my point? Sometimes there is a silver lining in that thundercloud.
Leann

4 comments:

Pamela Tracy said...

I've had those days when I just knew I had all ducks in a row only to discover they were on the wrong row. Congrats on the new book.

dancealertreads.blogspot.com said...

I've had one of those weeks! I can't begin to talk about it. Congratulations on your new book!

dancealert at aol dot com

Leann Harris said...

Well, I was on a roll. Most of December was like that day. I put the wrong ID on my substitute paycheck form and turned it in a week late. I sure glad Jesus was with me.

Anonymous said...

Today I had one of those days where I could just go hide in corner and cry and never come out. But with a good cry and prayer my day and my load got lighter and better. Thank God for Prayer