Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Only a few days late!

I promised to check in again on Monday and here it is, Wednesday night, and I'm just getting it done. I have no excuse except that I've been writing my books and totally forgot everything else. Yes, I get really engrossed. Seriously compulsive. It makes for a productive work schedule but has its drawbacks if you intend to have a "life" beyond the computer! In my early days, I used to write it all out in longhand, then type the manuscript on a borrowed typewriter. Now that was tedious.

I have a current contract for 2 more historicals - all I have to do is write them. No sweat, right?
And, as I said last Friday, I have to finish a contemporary first.

Back to history --- WILDERNESS COURTSHIP features Charity Beal, the younger sister of the heroine in Frontier Courtship, so if any of you are wondering what became of her, you'll know in mid-August. Poor thing. I had made her such a ditz during the plains crossing I wondered if she was ever going to mature enough to learn her lesson and find her own happiness.

You can always read more on my website, too. www.ValerieHansen.com

3 comments:

Ausjenny said...

Oh I cant wait to read Charity's story. and congrats on the contract.
I really loved Frontier courtship its in my top 10 reads of the year.

Anita Mae Draper said...

Valerie, you wrote a book on Charity Beal? Ouch.

Now that is going to be one interesting read. I want to see how you tackle the problem.
Well, it's a problem to me...where do you start a book when the person is going through a change? Do you start once she has some 'smarts' and backstory? The option is to start her as she is and take the chance that some readers won't like her and will stop reading.

What will you do?

And why do I have the feeling you're going to tell me to buy the book? :-D

Anonymous said...

Nice post. Can't wait to read your book. Hope you all have a great weekend with you huuny or and father.