Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If you live in Arizona...Greater Phoenix area


Valley of the Sun Romance Writers of America is putting on a one day event this Saturday (June 28) in Glendale, Arizona. I'll be speaking on writing Romantic Suspense. If you're a writer and in the area, stop on by.

WRITERS ROUND UP MINI CONFERENCE
Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 9 am to 4:30 pm at the GASLIGHT INN, 5747 W. Glendale Avenue - Glendale AZ, across from Murphy Park Tel: 623-934-9119

11:15-12:15PM - Pamela Tracy - Suspense Romance

Other authors speaking include Jennifer Ashley, Vijaya Schartz, Renee Bernard, and Janeen O'Kerry. Topics range from building a website, to writing the hook, to writing the historical as well as time management and agent hunting.

Ongoing book signing during the day.
No registration fee - Coffee, tea, and water available at no cost
Reserve your seat with Josette Umbertino at sicilijo@cox.net
Pay for your own lunch and/or room if you plan to stay at the Inn.

6 comments:

Janet Tronstad said...

Pamela -- wish I could come over for the day. It's a bit from Pasadena though and I'm on a deadline for my latest Dry Creek. sounds like a great day though.

Janet

Ausjenny said...

I hope you have a great day sound like fun. but im in australia (wouldn't mind some heat around now)

Pamela Tracy said...

Hey, Janet, I was at the airport last night picking up my sister, the plane was delayed and I got a whole extra thirty minutes to read your Dropped Stitches Christmas. I'm up to the part where she's telling her mother about attending church. I wish you could come for a day, too.
And, Jen, there are flights from Australia to here hehehehe. And boy do we have heat. BTW My next door neighbor is from Australia.

Janet Tronstad said...

Pamela -- You do have it hot in Phoenix. I remember driving through last summer. Whew! When I got out of the car, it was hot! So excited you are reading Dropped Stitches Christmas. I just finished a book of yours as well, Broken Lullaby. Loved the characters. Let me know if you have other day conferences -- maybe sometime I can get over. My brother lives in Tucson so I go that direction sometimes.

Pamela Tracy said...

Janet,
I was in Tucson yesterday! One of my best friends lives there so I try to go often. Next time you're in the area, do call, and we'll get together.

Janet Tronstad said...

Pamela, I'll do that. It would be great to sit and visit a bit.