Friday, June 6, 2008

Author Copies

Today is one of those days that authors love. It's the day I received my author copies of Her Only Protector. The UPS man who dropped off my boxes had no idea why I was so giddy when he handed the boxes over to me. But I knew, even before I looked at the address on the box that they were from Steeple Hill. The boxes had the telltale diamonds that symbolize they came from Harlequin Magazine.

Of course, no one was home at the time when I ripped open the first box and pulled out a copy and did a happy dance in the kitchen. And since I have teenagers, they were less than enthusiastic when I shoved the book in their face as they walked through the door after school.

I'm use to this. This is why I share my writer moments with other authors and readers. Only you, people who have a love of books, can understand how exciting it is when a box of books arrives.

If you're on the Steeple Hill Bookclub, please let me know when you receive the August books! Even though Her Only Protector won't be in bookstores until August 2008, I know bookclub readers will have received their monthly stash and may have read the book. If you do, please email me and let me know your thoughts.

Until next time, many blessings, Lisa Mondello

1 comment:

Amy said...

I see that my credit card just got charged for August's books, so I look forward to receiving them late this week or next. :)