Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Olympics--are you watching?

Terri Reed here.  If you're like me you've been glued to the television at night watching the winter games in Sochi.  I only have basic cable so I can only watch prime time.  Its frustrating because they only give the highlights.  And they drag out the anticipation! I stayed up way too late waiting to see Meryl and Charlie skate and win the gold medal.  Fabulous!! They are so in sync and so beautiful to watch and I love that they tell a story through their program.
On Monday was the men's aerial ski jumping.  I was especially excited to see this as my February Love Inspired Suspense book features an aerial ski jumper hero!
I was so hoping that Mac Bohonnon would medal.  The kid is good and has many years ahead of him to medal and one day win the gold!

 
KILLER COMPETITION 
A champion ski jumper, Nick Walsh wants one thing: to win the gold for his late brother. Nick has always blamed himself for his family's tragic loss—and so does everyone else. To complicate things, sweet and shy reporter Julie Frost insists on doing a story about him. But as Nick gets closer to achieving his dream, someone will do anything to stop him. Somehow, Nick must keep Julie from getting too close as they confront a threat that can destroy them both. Julie and Nick are on the verge of discovering the truth about his brother's death…unless an unknown murderer finds them first.

7 comments:

Valri said...

I'm definitely watching the Olympics all the time, Terri! I have satellite but I still just watch NBC mostly! I love to watch the countries but most of all, I really enjoy the whole idea of the Olympics and what they stand for. I like when the competitors congratulate each other and root for each other. I also love to hear the back stories!

Terri Reed said...

Valri, the backstories are very interesting. I'm loving the thank you mom snippets. And isn't it go great that they all congratulate each other win or lose.

Terri Reed said...

Jenny, I have seen any curling. The bobsled was fun to watch. I have a hard time watching it though, it made my eyes hurt. LOL
I hope you enjoy the book!

RoxanneRustand said...

What perfect timing for your book! I look forward to reading it.

I have seen little of the Olympics, but did see Charlie and Meryl skate. So.interesting: she looked so elegant and sophisticated and older, when competing....but when interviewed, she sounded so much younger, and excited. I was so thrilled for them both!

Terri Reed said...

Roxanne, thanks. You're right, she does sound young but is so mature on the ice. I wonder what she and Charlie will do now. I understand they are retiring.

Terri Reed said...

Joye, did you see the women's short program last night? It was so interesting. The Americans looked good but the skater from Korea was by far the best, so deserved to win. The Italian skater was so beautiful to watch, so graceful and elegant. Loved it.

Alexa Verde said...

I try to keep up with some of it. I've been to Sochi when I was very little, so it was a bit surprising for me to hear it was chosen for Winter Olympics - it's warm there!

I've checked out your book, Terri, it sounds fabulous! I've read some of your books before. You're a great writer!