Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A long winter's day.... by Roxanne Rustand

This has been one loooong winter, here in the Midwest.  Snowfall after snowfall...beautiful, pristine, but oh so hard to navigate!

My husband has blazed trails through the yard and down to the barn so I can manage to take Elmo the Wonderdog out for his walks, and make it out to do my horse chores.  I'm 5'2 and the snow is mid-thigh (at least on me!) out in the yard, so I am thankful for those trails!

To the right is a photo on our deck--our grill received a new snow hat yesterday.  :)

But I do love winter.  It's so lovely, and with darkness falling earlier, the long evenings are a perfect time to curl up by the fire with a good book.

And of course, the wonderful Love Inspired, Love Inspired Suspense, and Love Inspired Historical books are on the top of my to-be-read stack.  Isn't it fun to have so many to read each month?

I rarely bother to watch TV--except for my beloved Downton Abbey series, which is way too short each season!

Is anyone else here as enthralled as I am?  What do you think of the new season--does it measure up to the first three?  And since we are all romance readers here, what do you think of the romantic plotlines?  Is there anything you wish you could change?  I sometimes think they could use one of our wonderful Harlequin editors!   :)

Roxanne Rustand
www.roxannerustand.com
"The All Creatures Great and Small Blog"


4 comments:

RoxanneRustand said...

Hi Sally,
WOW. Twenty inches in a week! I can just imagine the tunnels down the streets, through all the snow banked by the plows!

Best wishes to you!

RoxanneRustand said...

Jackie, ice is treacherous...and I'll bet Georgia doesn't stockpile salt for the roads, either! Best wishes for a safe winter!

Sally Shupe said...

Roxanne, yes, the town pretty much shut down. The 20 inches hit in a 24 hour period. People walking took precedence over cars, even in the streets lol. It was like a dream driving around, no place open, most places hadn't been scraped, and people just walking everywhere. Jackie, ice is definitely not fun! I'll take snow any day over that. Hope you were safe!

Terri Reed said...

I love Downton Abby. Even my hubby enjoys it.
We have snow here in Portland a few weeks ago. The whole town shut down. LOL We only got about 7 inches.