Monday, February 10, 2014

LI Reader Luncheon by Marta Perry

You've probably heard about the Love Inspired Reader Luncheon in Tampa by now, but I thought I'd chime in with my comments. I was thrilled to be asked to participate, and the event more than lived up to my expectations! Love Inspired Senior Editor Melissa Endlich was a very welcoming hostess, and Lucy Scinocca and her group from the Toronto office kept everything running smoothly. It was great to see how highly the company values our Love Inspired readers and writers.

Some of the authors had quite an exciting travel experience trying to get to the event, given the bad winter weather that had hit the southeast the previous day. I was fortunate in that my husband and I had driven down to Tampa from our winter home in South Carolina several days earlier. We spent the time visiting with our son, daughter-in-law, and two beautiful grandchildren. Here I am at the luncheon with my lovely daughter-in-law.



A special part of the luncheon for me was the opportunity to participate in a panel discussion, answering readers' questions. They came up with some great, challenging questions!

The booksigning provided another chance to talk individually with the readers, and I can't tell you how good it made the authors feel to hear their work appreciated. At the end of the day, each participant went away with goodie bag stuffed with gifts and at least 9 free signed books.

 So if you ever have the opportunity to attend a Love Inspired luncheon, I hope you'll jump at the chance. And I hope I'll be there to meet you!

Blessings,.
Marta

2 comments:

Jackie Smith said...

Hi Jennifer......so great you can attend the luncheon in April. I was excited about meeting Tracie Peterson tomorrow, but afraid this crazy GA weather will prevent that!!

Jennifer said...

Hi Jackie, Were you able to meet Tracie Peterson? I won her book Quarryman's Bride and have wanted to meet her.