Thursday, November 1, 2012

Metamorphosis

met·a·mor·pho·sis

Kim Watters here. The other day I found what I thought were bird droppings on my lemon tree. That was until I realized they had eyes. What I'd really found were what are commonly known as orange dog caterpillars and they were eating my leaves and stripping entire branches bare. So, being the educational minded parent, I cut the caterpillars out of my tree and placed them in an aquarium so my kids can watch their metamorphosis.  Within a few days, they all formed their cocoons, and a few weeks later a Giant Swallowtail butterfly to emerged.

Metamorphosis:  Noun:
  1. (in an insect or amphibian) The process of transformation from an immature form to an adult form in two or more distinct stages.
  2. A change of the form or nature of a thing or person into a completely different one, by natural or supernatural means.
This is just another wonderful example of God's amazing power and how He continues to transform each and every one of us each day.

What have you witnessed lately?

No comments: