Monday, November 19, 2012

Counting My Blessings...

Jenna Mindel here.  Thanksgiving week is a good time to reflect on God's many blessings throughout the year.   Looking at where I was a couple of years ago, I am particularly blessed this Thanksgiving. 

For me, 2012 has been a year of confirmation.  I am grateful to God for blessing my dream of writing inspirational romance with the opportunity to write 3 more books for Love Inspired!

To make a long story short, I surrendered my writing to the Lord last year.  I mean FULLY surrendered.  And I finally understand what the Bible means about the freedom we have in Christ when we let go and let Him take over.  I stopped trying to force things and I stopped treating my writing like the idol it had become.  I bundled up my dreams and set them on the altar ready to sacrifice and watch them burn.
 
But God has a way of granting those inner most desires when we finally trust Him with them.  When we put Him first.  And so this Thanksgiving, I'm humbled, seriously grateful and free.


What are you thankful for this year?

No comments: