Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Birthday, Love Inspired

I recently realized that the Love Inspired imprint is celebrating its fifteenth birthday this year. It's hard to believe that the time has gone by so quickly. I still vividly remember meeting with the editors to hear about the proposed new line at a Romance Writers of America conference. That's where I met my dear friend, Carol Steward, one of the first writers for the line.

I had been led to try writing an inspirational novel some time earlier, and when I heard what was planned for Love Inspired, I felt that not only had God opened a door for me, God was pushing me through! I submitted my manuscript, and it sold that first year and came out in 1998. A FATHER'S PROMISE wasn't my first published book, but it was one I especially loved, and it opened a new writing career for me. Now, many, many books later, I'm happy still to be writing for Love Inspired, with my new book, HER SURPRISE SISTER, coming out in July.

As part of the celebration, there's a lovely short film available that you can view here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&v=CYrCM-uKVxc

It will also lead you to a link where you can download a free Love Inspired book. I hope you'll check it out and take advantage of the offer!

So Happy Birthday, Love Inspired. May you continue to bring stories of family, faith, and love to readers for a long time to come!

No comments: