Monday, October 17, 2011

Who Could Resist

Pamela Tracy here, and what you see posted above is the newest addition to my family. We've only had him two weeks. He's a five month old gray tiger kitten. What's really amazing about him is he has six toes.

For twenty years I shared my home with two cats, Priscilla and Aquila.

Pris was a rescue. I have no idea how old she was when I got her, but she lived with me for 22 years. She was a thin calico cat. When I first got her, she lived under the bed. After about a week, she came out. She hid when people came over. She was a cat. No, I'm not stating the obvious. She would only allow you to pet her when she was in the mood.

Aquila was given to me by one of my kindergarten students. Her dad said, "Cats must go. Now." I wound up with a fluffy black and white five week old kitten. He lived with me for 18 years. From day one he was mine. Pris didn't think much of him. She beat him up every day. He was 1/3 cat, 1/3 dog, and 1/3 kid. I leash trained him. He came when he was called. And he loved me.

I can already tell that Tyre (kitty pictured above) is going to be more like Aquila. He's laying next to me now, his head on my elbow as I type. Sometimes he jumped up to chase the cursor. I'm sure my editor will not appreciate the sudden appearance of srange random typings (like 8b89s22) on my manuscript.

I'm just amazed it took me so long (three years) between cats. I guess I'll blame my son. He kept me busy between age three and six.

No comments: