Monday, December 6, 2010

Sugar Plums for Christmas with Janet Tronstad


December is my favorite month of the year and it's all because of Christmas. I love Christmas music, heartwarming Christmas stories, and all of the foods that go with the season, including sugar plums. Each year I like to be working on a holiday story during December (I've done many Christmas stories set in my tiny town of Dry Creek, Montana). One of my favorite stories was 'Sugar Plums for Dry Creek' and that's because it had a little girl who loved ballet and a town that made her dreams of the Nutcracker Ballet come true. There is something dreamlike about ballet and little girls. This story is coming to life again this Christmas as a Love Inspired Classic. It puts me in the spirit of the holiday just seeing it again. What are some of your favorite Christmas activities? Or foods?

8 comments:

cherio1 said...

What exactly is a 'sugar plum'? It sounds yummy. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Anonymous said...

My daughter was in the Nutcracker last year at her ballet school. YEs, it was magical, especially with the 4 year olds dressed as candycanes. Our favorite tradition is going to the live Nativity reinactment given by our community out in the desert. One year our infant son played the baby Jesus, which was magical because they hadn't used a real baby in years.

Janet Tronstad said...

Cherio1 -- I ate a 'sugar plum' once (at least that's what it was called). It was a candied thing --purple and rolled in sugar. Probably not the authentic thing -- I'd guess it's a dried plum rolled in sugar.

Janet Tronstad said...

Kim -- I bet your daughter was cute in the Nutcracker. And to have a son who was a stand-in for Jesus...hummm, pretty special family.

Carolyne Aarsen said...

One year I took our daughters to the Nutcracker Ballet. It was magical. Someday I hope to do the same for my granddaughter. As for favorite Christmas food - I love Gevulde Speculaas - a Dutch tradition. Almond paste layered between a type of soft cookie dough. Yummy! Just thinking about it makes me want to go to my freezer and pull a square (or two) out!

Janet Tronstad said...

Carolyne -- that sounds seriously good!

Rose said...

i love the nutcracker ballet

Loves 2 Read Romance - Laura said...

I love Christmas music! As well as seeing family and friends and all the great holiday movies and books.