Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Breath of Heaven


Terri Reed here, I'm listening to my daughter practice a piece of music for her upcoming audition for her school's Christmas concert. She's singing Breath of Heaven. I believe Amy Grant is the orginal recording artist for this song. However, my daughter sings a few octives higher than Grant, so I can't really compare the two. Each are unique and beautiful in their own way. I could listen to my daughter sing for hours. In fact, I think it has been hours. Hours of practicing, working out the notes, playing with the tempo and adding riffs that aren't in the sheet music.
The song is so timeless and special. Told from the view point of Mary, the mother of Jesus, asking God for help and guidance, affirming God's goodness and graciousness. The tender words and haunting melody bring the focus of Christmas to the reason we, as followers of Christ, celebrate. The birth of our Lord Jesus.

May you find a breath of heaven as we enter into the busy holiday season.


And if you're looking for a stocking stuffer, don't forget Love Inspired books fit just right!

8 comments:

Lyn Cote said...

I love that song too!

Stephanie Newton said...

I love that song too! Beautiful...

Daughters are so special, aren't they?

Sandra Leesmith said...

Christmas music is lovely. What a gift your daughter has. And you get to enjoy it also.

Thanks for the reminder that books make great gifts.

All my family knows that's what they get for gifts. I especially like to give them autographed books.

Enjoy the holidays.

Terri Reed said...

Thank you Laura for stopping by! I hope she gets the solo too. She's been working on it so much. But either way, she'll be singing with the choir, which she loves.

Terri Reed said...

Lyn and Stephanie, I could listen to the song for hours. I also really love all of Mercy Me's Christmas songs. They do a version of the Little Drummer Boy that is very cool.

Terri Reed said...

Sandra, thank you for stopping by!
We start decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving just to make the season last longer. I pull out all the Christmas music. Its such a joy! And I too give lots of books or gift cards for books as gifts. Especially to my children. They love to read! We don't have a Kindle or anything, neither kid wants one. They both like to have the book to hold. I guess because they have to do so much of their homework now on the computer that reading off a device will seem too much like homework.

Cheryl Wyatt said...

I absolutely LOVE this song and have since she first recorded it. Thanks for the reminder.

Rose said...

very inspiring words.