Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Day After Thanksgiving

Like many of you, I enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner yesterday with family and friends. I over ate, consuming way more calories than I should. (If you’ve heard a rumor that calories consumed on Thanksgiving and Christmas don’t count, I have bad news for you. It’s not true.)

The hours of preparing the feast are behind us. Leftovers are properly stored. The good china and silverware hidden away. The oven is cool. The football game that entertained our menfolk is history, although I confess I watch football too.

And today, at last, is the day for my favorite meal of the year: 100% leftovers. (Well, there are some meals at special restaurants I particularly enjoy, but for dinner at home, this is the best.)
A few slices of turkey on a plate, a spoonful of stuffing and some yams, all covered with a dollop of gravy. Then into the microwave and ZAP. Add some homemade cranberry sauce on the side and dinner’s ready! What could be better than that? The cook’s reward for all of her hard work.
I hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are enjoying the rest of the weekend. I know I plan to.

I’m also looking forward to the release of my very first Love Inspired, Montana Hearts, due in bookstores December 1st. It’s the story of a heart-transplant recipient who goes in search of the donor family to anonymously thank them. She falls love with the heart donor’s widowed husband. But does he love her for herself? Or because his late wife’s heart beats in her chest?
I think it’s the most emotional story I’ve ever written. I hope it will touch your heart.

Happy holidays!
Charlotte Carter
www.CharlotteCarter.com

5 comments:

Char.... said...

Fantum, I'm glad the story sounds good to you. It was an idea I simply had to write.

Char......

dancealertreads.blogspot.com said...

Please enter me! Your book sounds like a great read!

dancealert at aol dot com

Char.... said...

Thanks, Brenda. Hope you enjoy the story.

Char......

Rose said...

i love having Thanksgiving with my family.

Char.... said...

I love being with family, too, Mary Rose. This year Thanksgiving was special because my daughter and granddaughter were visiting colleges in the area. THEY cooked my Thanksgiving dinner. I'm thinking that would make a great tradition!