Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Amazing Wedding Cakes and Countdown to Yuletide Protector


Greetings from Lisa Mondello! It's been a while. I'm really excited that the COUNTDOWN has begun for the release of my new Love Inspired Suspense Yuletide Protector, which is available right now on eHarlequin.com and will be in stores in December. Romantic Times just gave YULETIDE PROTECTOR a 4 Star review and said, "...Mondello's action-packed story has a nice developing romance and a lovely heroine who learns that a home is incomplete without God."

This is a Christmas story and I adore Christmas stories so I hope you'll put it on your Christmas Book List this year.
I also wanted to talk about one of my favorite shows to watch with my daughters, Amazing Wedding Cakes and Cake Boss. Okay, I'm Italian so watching Cake Boss reminds me a little like being with my family, but me and the girls do love the creations they make and we are usually amazed by what they can do. Last weekend while taking a detour from college open houses for my oldest daughter, we stopped into AC Moore and found the goldmine of crafts to decorate cakes. The girls' creation is a first attempt at making flowers and using fondant. We're now excited enough to start talking about color and more tiers! My daughters would kill me for putting this on the blog but since they don't read my blog they're not going to find out. As soon as I can figure out how to get the picture off my phone and to my computer, I'll post it here.
Okay, I know it's nothing that the Cake Girls or Cake Boss would make, but we did have fun. If you know any tricks of the trade or things we can try to make our next cake a REAL amazing cake, let me know. And if you picked up Yuletide Protector, please let me know!
(Okay, back to struggling with getting this picture off my phone.)
Until next time, many blessings, Lisa Mondello


No comments: