Monday, August 8, 2011

My Visit to the Vatican


Hi, this is Margaret Daley. One of the places I saw when I went to Rome recently was the Vatican--along with hundreds of other people. It was hot and crowded but absolutely beautiful. St. Peter's Basilica was huge, impressive and gave me the chills when I thought of all the history that took place in the Vatican. There were other places I went to in Rome--the Colosseum, the Treva Fountain, the Arch outside the Colosseum, and the Ciircus Maximus where the chariot races took place.

The picture at the top is of the long center aisle at St. Peter's. The bottom photo is of the Michelangelo Pieta. I couldn't believe how beautiful the statue was. It has to be behind glass because someone tried to destroy it a few years ago. What a shame.

No comments: