Thursday, August 4, 2011

Gail Gaymer Martin's newest release - A FAMILY OF THEIR OWN

Hello from Gail Gaymer Martin.  When I write a series, I find it a challenge, especially when it’s one with a touchy story line. I never know how readers will accept it and so I wait until the letters and reviews come in. The first book in the Dreams Come True series proved a blessing. With 4 stars from Romantic Times, the reader mail, reviews and comments about A Dad Of His Own on Amazon touched my heart.

Similar to Make A Wish Foundation, each story in the Dreams Come True series involves a child dealing with a serious illness, but romance has a happy ending, so you can count on not being disappointed. Writing the series meant spending hours and hours learning about various illnesses that affect children as well as adults. Besides the Internet, I spoke with people who’ve had experiences with these illnesses either with a family member, friend or acquaintance. Searching online, I also found journals of children struggling with these diseases, and I found great courage and hopeful outcomes for many of them. That made my job easier as I worked to give the stories depth but also lighthearted moments that my readers could enjoy. Though the three book series is linked with overlapping characters, each story is complete.

I was thrilled with another 4 stars from Romantic Times for the second book in the series, A Family Of Their Own. A September release, this book will be in stores around August 26. If you’d like to read Kelsey and Lucy’s story, you’ll want to pick up one fast since the books are only in stores for 1 month although they’re available longer through the publisher and always available from the Internet bookstores. Here’s a little about the novel.

FOUR MAKES A FAMILY
With her daughter's health back on track, Kelsey Rhodes counts her blessings. But life is still not easy for the sweet single mom. She craves companionship, yet finds it difficult to trust anyone. Ross Salburg seems like the perfect match for her. The handsome single dad also struggles to keep his daughter healthy. Can Kelsey convince Ross to take a leap of faith and meld their two families into one?

Reader comments:
I just finished your latest book A Family of Their Own. I love how the 2 adults each have a special needs child. I love reading your Love Inspired romance novels. Signed Joan from Ohio

I can tell you did much research before writing this story; it shows throughout the pages. I’ve learned so much from this book. Thank you once again, Gail, for giving your readers another endearing and fulfilling book to read and enjoy. Signed Patsy from Texas


If you’d like to pre-order, click here: A FAMILY OF THEIR OWN

No comments: