Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Wait...

Hi, this is Lisa Mondello and I'd like to talk a little about how much writers wait. We hurry to get that fabulous manuscript written, get it printed off and then wait for the news as to whether or not the book we've crafted will be published.

After a while, writers get used to waiting. It's part of the business. We wait for news, we wait for updates, we wait for our author copies to arrive so we can hold out book in our hands, we wait to see our books sitting pretty on the bookstore shelf. If you can't handle waiting, it's probably not a good idea to be a romance author since it comes with the territory.

Right now I'm in waiting mode again, but this time it's to see the cover art for my December 2009 book Yuletide Protector. My editor sent off my copy edits for the book and I'm really excited about how the book turned out. In her letter she told me she'd seen the cover for Yuletide Protector and in her words it's gorgeous! I'm thrilled. I'm so anxious to see it. The problem is I won't get my chance for another couple of weeks! I have to admit the wait is killing me. To hear this excitement from my editor just makes me want to see the cover all the more. But I promise you, as soon as I have the cover for Yuletide Protector, I'll be posting it on my website and on the CRAFTIE Ladies of Suspense website for you to view.

Speaking of CRAFTIE Ladies of Suspense, make sure you stop over there and post a comment. Every month the CRAFTIE Ladies give away 4 FREE Love Inspired Suspense books to a lucky reader. I'll be blogging on Friday over at the CRAFTIE Ladies site so make sure you stop by. I may even have my cover by then!

Until next time, many blessings, Lisa Mondello

1 comment:

Pamela Tracy said...

If you get a cover, then I get a cover too!