Thursday, May 14, 2009

Creativity--What is it?

Hello, Leann here.
Lately I’ve been cooking a lot. My husband is on Weight Watchers and doing a great job. Frankly, I hate cooking. My husband’s the cook. And a good one. I cook because we have to eat. It surprises me that my children have favorite meals I cooked while they were growing up. (They also have memories of mother at the computer writing.)
My son-in-law is also a great cook. When he reads a recipe in the newspaper or cookbook, he sees how he can adapt it, change it or add to it. This is something my husband does, too. It’s a wonderful creativity which I don’t have, nor do I wish to have. Now put me in front of a computer with a murder, a hero and heroine, and I get jazzed up thinking how I can tell their story.
I remember hearing a famous designer talk about where she got the inspiration for her latest fashion. She was looking up at the sky through the canopy of leaves and came up with the pattern for the material and what she wanted to do with that pattern.
Creativity comes in many forms, but there is a catch. You have to use it. What are you creative in? Have you put the gift to use?

No comments: