Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We are all blessed to be writers--Lenora Worth

I'm in good company with Love Inspired. Several of my sister writers were nominated in the inspirational category of the RITAs. This award is to RWA (Romance Writers of America) what Oscar is to movies. But we don't need Hollywood around here to know we have stars amongst us. Linda Goodnight got a double nomination. Irene Hannon is nominated for a book from another publisher, but we are thrilled for her because she remains a part of the Love Inspired family. Both of these fine ladies have won RITAs in the past. We expect them to bring home another one! Linda's titles are "Finding Her Way Home" and "The Wedding Garden." Irene's title is "In Harm's Way" (Revell). Anna Schmidt is also nominated for "A Convenient Wife" and Kelly Ann Riley's "Firestorm" is nominated for Best First Book. Whew. Hope I covered everybody. The e-mails and Facebook messages and Tweets were flying through the airwaves last Friday.

Okay, so what about the rest of us? While we might have a twinge of regret that our books didn't make it this time, we don't get all sad about it. Because we believe what's good for one is good for all. These women are talented, smart and best of all, great friends who walk the walk in their faith. We love each other around here and we support each other. We believe in what we do and we know that we're all winners because we're writing the kind of books we love! What more could a girl ask for? I suggest all of you fabulous nominees go out and buy new shoes to wear when you go up to accept your awards. We'll all be cheering you on!!!!

8 comments:

Lenora said...

Thanks Jenny. I need to add Cheryl St John too. She finaled in the novella category!!!

Jackie S. said...

Congrats to winners...in my mind, you are ALL winners, and I do greatly appreciate all of you!
Love to read your books; have read some of yours, Lenora, and want to read more!!

Rachel said...

Very cool. I've actually read Firestorm and it was pretty good. I hope the awards go well and what is good for one is good for all. Christian books that win awards will get noticed and read more. Better fiction out there than some of the other books also availible. Anyways, wish those authors luck from me.

Irene Hannon said...

Thanks for the kind words, Lenora. My nominated book may not be a Love Inspired this time, but I'm proud to be part of such a wonderful group of authors.

Ausjenny said...

Im glad you mentioned Cheryl St John
she seemed to be forgotten at a few places. I have that book (still on my tbr list)

Lenora said...

Finally, I'm able to post. We have storms in the area and my mini notebook wouldn't cooperate. Thanks for all the comments. We're so glad our readers love our books. Irene, you amaze me. "In Harm's Way" is a wonderful book. I want to read the whole series. So proud of you. Cheryl St. John, you rock and we are very proud of you, too. I think this is the most nominees we've had maybe???

Thanks again for stopping by, everyone.

beemama said...

Congratulations to all the nominees!
In my book, ALL of you ladies who write for LI are winners. I never come away from reading one of your books without feeling encouraged, inspired, and uplifted.
Thanks to you all for sharing your God-given talents with us, your readers.

Unknown said...

I love all of the Love Inspired books and collecting them :)