Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pima Air and Space Museum

Merrillee here. I've just returned from a visit with family in Arizona. We took the time to visit the Pima Air and Space Museum near Tucson. Dozens of historic planes sit in several hangars or in the nearby desert where the dry air is easy on the aging planes. We spent a couple of hours touring the site, but we mostly skimmed the incredible amount of information in the exhibits. I took a lot of photos. Here are some.



I'm taking an imaginary flight.


My granddaughter trying her hand at piloting a plane.



An old Transworld Airlines plane.


A huge fighter jet.


If you could read the writing on the side, you would see that this is a retired Air Force One.

If you'd like to see more about the museum you can use the following link for more information.

http://www.pimaair.org/view.php?pg=21

3 comments:

Jackie S. said...

Great post; I've always loved seeing things like this!

Merrillee said...

Jackie and Maryrose,
I'm glad you could share vicariously with me. The planes were definitely worth seeing.

Unknown said...

Love the photos!