Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Don’t Rain on My Parade

Camy here, and I have to whine just a little. It’s been raining a lot the past week and of course this is the week I start training for my next marathon.

I mean, God seriously has a warped sense of humor. The weather report said rainy today, but I looked outside this morning and it was sunny. I dressed in shorts and a long sleeved top. I got distracted for about 20 minutes, and it started pouring.

Okay, so I changed to my waterproof running pants and a rainjacket, and I headed out.

I kid you not, barely a minute into my run, the sun came out. And stayed out for my entire one hour run! It was blazing hot! What happened to the rain???

I don’t mind running in the rain as long as I’m not too cold, which is why I have running gloves and a running cap. But I had to stuff those in my jacket pocket halfway through the run because I was seriously overheating.

And before you start into the “hot stuff” jokes, I was so uncomfortable that I had to tie my jacket around my waist, but I hate to do that because it flops around and the zipper whacks me in the elbow. And I was sweating so much in my pants that they were sticking to my butt. Yuck!

And as soon as I came home? IT STARTED RAINING AGAIN!!! AAARGGGHHH!!!!

I cannot win. God is snickering up there somewhere. I think He’s a practical joker like Cheryl Wyatt. This sounds like something she’d do if she were God.

Camy Tang writes romance with a kick of wasabi. Out now is her humorous contemporary romance Sushi series and her romantic suspense, Formula for Danger. In her spare time, she is a staff worker for her church youth group, and she leads one of the worship teams for Sunday service. On her blog, she ponders dogs, knitting and spinning wool, running, Asiana, and other frivolous things. Sign up for her quarterly newsletter for giveaways!

Click here to find out how you can join my Street Team—it’s free and there’s lots of chances to win prizes!

5 comments:

Ausjenny said...

Oh my I had to laugh I know what you mean about the rain and then the heat. its been raining here today on and off. I got wet coming back from visiting mum then headed down the street as it started spitting again thankfully got a ride home and no no sun. The zipper hitting the elbows I dont have that but with my spray jacket it often its my thumbs or fingers on a joint and I know how it can hurt. Are you going in the Honolulu marathon again? about a year ago could have almost guaranteed it wouldn't rain here but then the drought broke!

Patty Wysong said...

Sorry, but I'm laughing.
Nope, strike that. I'm not sorry. I really needed that laugh. Thank you.

And would Cheryl really do something like that? She seemed like SUCH an angel on Sunday. LoL.

Enjoy your running--I'm off to walk while the sun shines. Love it! =]

Camy Tang said...

Jenny--well, it's a good thing the drought broke, right? :)

Maryrose--isn't it crazy weather?

Patty--YES Cheryl would TOTALLY do something like that! LOL

Jackie--I heard about that pollen! That sounds horrible!

Camy

Jillian said...

Sorry for laughing, Camy. I guess it's true, people plan and God laughs. I give you an A for perseverance!

Camy Tang said...

LOL Thanks, Jillian!
Camy