Thursday, February 19, 2015

Love Inspired books on Scribd

Camy here! I’m super excited about all the Harlequin ebooks now available on Scribd!

For those of you who don’t know, Scribd.com is a website and smart phone app where you can pay for a subscription and read tons of books, just like Kindle Unlimited, except there are different books available on Scribd as opposed to KU.

I just got a subscription this past November (subscriptions were on sale during Black Friday) and a month or two ago I found out that a ton of older Harlequin books were now available to subscription holders.

Unfortunately, it’s a little hard to search for Love Inspired books. I could find them if I searched for titles or if I searched for authors. For example, if you search for Camy Tang, you can find my author page that lists all my books on Scribd. My newer Love Inspired books, Narrow Escape and Treacherous Intent, are not yet available on Scribd but I’m hoping they’ll become available to subscription holders when the books are a little older.

As another example, Margaret Daley has a whopping 57 books available for Scribd subscribers to read (and a few books listed but not available to subscribers, only available to buy). Cheryl Wyatt has 8 books available for Scribd subscribers, which includes all 7 of her Wings of Refuge series.

It’s mostly older books that are available on Scribd for subscribers, but that’s great because all of them are out of print and some of them are hard to get copies of. If I want to read an old mini-series, such as the Fitzgerald Bay or Texas Ranger Justice series, I can find all the books on Scribd and read them one after another!

Are any of you subscribed to Scribd? How do you like it? So far, I’ve read a lot. I mostly read on my phone or tablet using the Scribd app, which makes it really handy if I’ve got a few spare minutes waiting in line or something.

Camy Tang writes romance with a kick of wasabi. Her romantic suspense, Treacherous Intent, released December 2014, and her romantic suspense novella, Necessary Proof, is available for free. She is a staff worker for her church youth group, and leads one of the worship teams for Sunday service. On her blog, she ponders frivolous things like knitting, running, dogs, and Asiana. Sign up for her newsletter to hear about new releases or sales on her backlist.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've never heard of this app and I'm not sure if I ever will because I already have way to many books on my kindle and paperback . Maybe down the road a bit. I'm glad you're enjoying the app though. Jenny

RoxanneRustand said...

Camy, what a great explanation. I hadn't looked into Scribd so your post was really interesting!

On another note, I see you have some new Kindle books out on Amazon. I loved the worksheets and references I purchased from your website, and hope your writing books really fly off the virtual shelves. I'm sure they are wonderful!

Camy Tang said...

Jenny I have way too many books already too, but it seems I can't stop finding more books to read! I've enjoyed Scribd because there were a few specific books I wanted to read and I read them on Scribd rather than buying them.

Thanks so much Roxanne! I'm really enjoying doing a little self-publishing.