Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Reader Appreciation Day by Cheryl Wyatt




Hello all! If I could create a new holiday, I'd make it Reader Appreciation Day. Perhaps one already exists, I'm not sure. I just know that every day I'm awed by the fact that people with limited time actually spend it reading my books. Also, any time an author hits a bestseller list (like today...more on that in a minute), I thank God all over again for readers. The truth is that no author hits a bestseller list simply by writing a book. Bestseller milestones happen ONLY because of readers like you. Readers who graciously spend precious resources of time and money to first buy then read our books and tell their friends about the book, providing they enjoy it.



Today I was privileged to be among a group of Love Inspired authors who hit one of Amazon's bestseller lists. I am completely sure that readers are why we reached that spot. It's very hard for authors to "put themselves out there" in terms of online marketing and such. But we do so in order to be able to continue giving you books and putting good words into the world. Knowing the heart of many of my authors, our reason for promoting ourselves isn't to make more money but rather to sell more books so that we can stay on the radar in terms of lists and publishers and meet the reading demands of our more voracious readers.

Speaking of reading, wouldn't you just love to cuddle up in this pretty cove and replace some of those knickknacks with a few of your favorite reads? Me too!


How many books do you read in a month? Most writers are avid readers. I probably read around 7 books per month. I'd love to know what you're reading now. I hope also that you will consider popping over to Amazon and ordering my two new releases, up for pre-order now.

I hope you'll visit my Facebook page and consider being part of the community of readers I love so much. https://www.facebook.com/CherylWyattAuthor.

I also have a newsletter sign up form on my website at www.cherylwyatt.com if you're interested.

I'm also excited to share that I have lots of books coming out in the next few months and beyond, including a FREE book, listed below:


NOVEMBER 2014 from Redbud Press: FREEBIE Out of the Flames (Prequel to Haven Bay Heroes Series) http://www.redbudpress.com/news-new-releases-email-blast/

DECEMBER 2014 A Refuge Christmas, included in a novella collection from Inspy Kisses pictured above (and which hit #1 on Amazon Bestseller Lists for Contemporary Religious Fiction and #3 on Contemporary Inspirational Fiction THANKS TO READERS!). Remember Officer Connor Stallings from Wings of Refuge (Love Inspired?) This is his story. :-) Pararescueman Brock makes cameo appearances as well.
http://www.amazon.com/Mistletoe-Kisses-inspirational-romance-boxed-ebook/dp/B00ON4UXBU/ref=zg_bs_7588874011_3

DECEMBER 2014: Recipe for Romance: A special collection of short stories and recipes from Love Inspired authors. All proceeds donated to a worthy charity.

FEBRUARY 2015-Serving Up a Sweetheart-novella from HarperCollins Christian Publishing (Zondervan imprint): http://www.amazon.com/Serving-Up-Sweetheart-February-Weddings-ebook/dp/B00J1UEBYQ

MARCH 2015-Out of the Deep-Book 1 Haven Bay Heroes from Redbud Press

Love Inspired: Books 4-6 Eagle Point Emergency, releases TBA

Thank you for enduring all of that promotion just to hear a thanks. Your readership is a tremendous blessing. It's the reason we're able to write. Bless you!

Cheryl Wyatt

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Cheryl, Congratulations on writing such great books! I've really enjoyed the Wings of Refuge series and look forward to the next Inspy Kisses novella. I have the first two Inspy Kisses. Jenny

Valri said...

Cheryl, Birthday Buddy :) I've missed reading books by you lately! Glad to see you have just been writing like crazy! Can't wait to read all those books that are coming out! I enjoyed the Eagle Point trauma medical books and of course, Wings of Refuge! Congrats on all the stuff that is coming out soon! Miss you girl!!!!

Keli Gwyn said...

I'm with you, Cheryl. Readers rock!

Congratulations on making that bestseller list.

Cheryl Wyatt said...

Jennifer, thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed the Wings of Refuge series. I love the Inspy Kisses novellas too and am grateful to have been included.

Thank you for all of your support. We appreciate it!

Cheryl

Cheryl Wyatt said...

Valri! Hello to my birthday twin. :-) Yes, writing like crazy. I hope to be able to produce more books more often and am thankful for the new contracts. Your support means so much. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed the two LI series. Miss you too! Good to hear from you. You are always so encouraging and supportive. It means a lot. Plus, I LOVE that we share Valentine's Day as our birthday. :-)

Hugs
Your Birthday Buddy

Cheryl Wyatt said...

Keli, thank you so much. I'm completely sure it had everything to do with readers, plus the other authors on the list. I'm so grateful to be in this collection.

Love your books too! Always makes me smile to see books news come across from and about you and yours. Keep up the great work!

Blessings,
Cheryl