Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thankful for Readers and the Giving of Others by Cheryl Wyatt

What are you all doing for Thanksgiving? Are you staying at home and having people over? Are you going to a family member's house? I'd love to hear your plans. We alternate every other year between my mom's house and my mother-in-law's house. They both have amazing gifts of hospitality. As November rolls around, we are reminded more than any other time to be thankful for what we have. I had something break in my home the other day and I started to get aggravated...then I remembered the Philippines and the disaster there. Please keep them in your prayers and donate even ten dollars if you can, to places such as World Vision or Compassion. A little goes a long way in a third world country affected by a disaster of that magnitude. I have so many giving people in my life. One of these photos contains the beautiful fall plant my sister in law sent to me after my grandmother died a couple of weeks ago. It really brightened my day. Never mind that my daughters are avidly praying for the plant because I tend to kill everything. In fact, my friends call my house the Horticulture Hospice because it's the place where plants come to die. I intend to keep this plant alive though to the best of my ability...which means turning over its care to my middle daughter with the green thumb. See the stuffed peppers? She and her sister (tweens, mind you) made those completely from scratch. They were so yummy and healthy too. I was working on a new book proposal and they graciously handled dinner. Didn't they do a fine job? I'm so thankful for my girls. They make me laugh every day. See these ornaments? A dear reader, Jenny, sent those to me from Australia. I cherish them as well as her readership. We authors couldn't do what we do without the support of readers. We realize that by reading our books, you're giving of your time and most likely your money in purchasing the book. Please know that us Love Inspired authors and even then editors, are HUGE fans of readers. We love you and appreciate all you do to help us get the word out about our books. Speaking of books, have you had a chance to read my newest release, The Nurse's Secret Suitor? If so, let me know what you think. In the meantime, please know that I'm exceedingly thankful for you! Don't forget to share your Thanksgiving plans. Would love to hear about you! Endless love and boundless prayers, Cheryl Wyatt

No comments: