Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ELECTRONICS? by Merrillee Whren

This photo is a jumble of the cords I use on the gadgets that keep me connected. I have cords for my computer, cell phone, i-Touch, Nook, GPS and digital camera.

What did we do before we had all of these gizmos? I'm fairly certain that I may not have ever submitted a book to a publisher if it hadn't been for the personal computer and the printers that go with them. I can't imagine how authors did edits before the use of the computer. I'm a terrible typist, but the computer frees me from the fear of making a mistake because I know I can easily fix it.

I am also enjoying the Nook I got last year for Mother's Day. It is so nice for traveling because I can have dozens of books with me, and they don't take up space or add weight to my suitcase.

Do you have a favorite electronic device?




No comments: