Friday, May 30, 2008

Summer Reading

Schools across America are closing for the summer over the next few weeks. My kids came home with their summer reading list and it got me thinking about what books I want on my summer reading list. I always have a huge TBR (to-be-read) pile of books so I always fight with myself about buying new books. But summertime is a great time to stock up.

Years ago I used to love taking books on vacation with me. When I traveled, I had a couple of books in my overnight bag to keep me company during down time. I usually ended up buying more.

This year I have a bunch of books on my list. Aside from checking out a few of the new Love Inspired Historicals and some of my favorite LIS authors, I'd love to pick up another Karen Kingsbury book and maybe another Dee Henderson. I've been meaning to try a book by Loraine Snelling. (Can you believe I've never read one by her?) I had the opportunity to meet her last year and she was such a hoot!

What's on your summer reading list this summer? Drop me a post and let me know. I could always use a few more books on my list to keep me company.

Until next time, many blessings to you. Lisa Mondello

2 comments:

Pat Davids said...

My summer reading goal is to finish Jasper Fforde's books, The Eyre Affair, Lost in a Good Book, and the Well of Lost Plots.

As for recommendations, if you haven't read, The Shadow of the Wind, by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, you have missed a book that is so beautifully written it takes your breath away. At least, it took mine away and left me knowing I have a long, long way to go in learning my craft.

Pat

Ausjenny said...

as mentioned previously its Winter here OH NO it really is it started today! which means summer is only 6 months away!
but i like to read in winter also.
I have quite a few on my list. some cozy mysteries, a few LI books i won or my friend sent me. I would like to read a few of my gilbert Morris books and Lori Wick books. I cant wait to read the latest sister chick book.