Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Families that Stick Together



Janet Tronstad here. I'm at my parent's home as I write this. They are getting older (86 now for both of them) and need some added help so I try to spend several months out of the year with them. My older sister, who lives on a corner of the family farm is undergoing treatment for cancer so she needs some assistance as well. It's probably no surprise with all that is going on that the theme of my latest Return to Dry Creek series is about families sticking together through the hard times. The first book, Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek, introduced the Stone family as Gracie Stone started encouraging her grown sons to come home to Dry Creek and work on the family ranch. Those of you who agonize over what to do about your family situation will enjoy the Sleigh Bells book as well as the second book in the series, Lilac Wedding for Dry Creek which is coming out in February. In the meantime, take a minute and let us know how things are going with your family at the moment -- any joys? troubles? Let's share.

No comments: