Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I'm so over April...

Good morning.  Jenna Mindel here freezing in Northern Michigan with a temp of only 33 degrees.  After a super mild March, April decided to mock us with two snow storms mid month.   Last night while watching the six o'clock weather, I noticed a 35 degree difference in temperatures between where I live in the Tip-of-the-Mitt and a town only a couple hours south.  We were at 36 degrees and they were 71!  That's just crazy!


This video was taken of my back yard on April 10th, after our last sticking snow.  

There have been some nice days in April though, like the one below, near the lake on a beautiful day last week. 

But this fine gray morning, as I work on a synopsis for my next book proposal in the Maple Springs, Michigan series, I know why Northern Michigan inspires me.  It's beautiful for sure, but also unpredictable and ever changing.   A great back drop for my Zelinsky family who are full of surprises too.   With the release of A Temporary Courtship this fall, I hope you'll agree. 

What is it that you love most about where you live? 

3 comments:

jcp said...

Hope May is warmer for you.

Jenna Mindel said...

Me too! Thanks JCP - it should warm up by the end of the week here. :) Sun came out this afternoon.
Thanks for stopping by. God bless!

Jennifer said...

I like seeing the horses all around Ky and getting to see all the baby horses, cows and baby llamas just up the road! I hope you are getting warmer weather!!!!!