Monday, June 23, 2014

A Writers To-do List

Pamela Tracy here, and I'm a writer.

I'm also a teacher, mother, wife, reader, go to churcher.

Sometimes those other things get in the way of being a writer.

So, I become a list maker.  I have a book due on the 30th, and actually, it's coming along very nicely.  It's because of my Writer's To-do List.

Want to see my Saturday and Sunday to-do list?

Here it is (btw, the numbers are word count.  I'm writing in 500 word spurts)

Saturday

43-43,500
Reorganize game shelf in play room (I cleaned this room while my son was in camp last week)
43,500 -44,000
Do laundry (load out, load in, fold put away)
44 -44,500
Take back overdue library books, mail contest win, pick up medicine at pharmacy, eat lunch
44,500-45,000
Go to signing at Poison Pen bookstore (Opps, missed this one)
45-45,500
Mop kitchen floor (who dropped the box of Otterpops so that all the bottom ones broke open and now there's sticky stuff on the floor.  Huh?  It was me)
45,500-46,000
Make Dinner
Visit with neighbor
Convince son that the showers he took last week at camp don't mean he doesn't have to shower this week.
Watch a Harry Potter movie for the sixth time (remind son to close eyes during all snake parts)
Put son to bed, lay with him and talk, go to bed.  

Sunday
Church
46-46,500
Clean out pot and pan cabinet (It's getting ridiculous.  Who bought all these pots and pans anyway?  And why do I have lids that don't belong to pots?  A red lid!  Really?  No red pots. Arg)
46,500-47,000
Sweep porch
47-47,500
Write LI blog

Hey, I'm doing good.

Do you have a to-do list?  Do you write it or just keep it in your head?


 What Janie Saw
  May 2014
Available at eHarlequin




4 comments:

Keli Gwyn said...

Pamela, I'm a bit of a list maker. OK. I'll be 'fess up. I make a lot of lists, especially to-do lists. I'm always searching for the best system to store my lists, be it a binder, index cards, etc., which makes my local office supply store happy. My trouble is actually tackling the tasks on my to-do list rather than just enjoying the process of creating it. :-)

I admire you for making a list and sticking to it. I also enjoyed your sense of humor, as evidenced in your post. I'm curious, do you work rewards into your plans?

Pamela Tracy said...

LOL, I did until I went on a diet!

Pamela Tracy said...

Jennifer,
Sorry about your Internet. It's amazing how quickly we come to depend on being connected
.

Glenda Smith Dixon said...

I do not have a to do list but officially next week I will no longer be a foster home. I am retiring from it. It breaks my heart but in a positive note I see a book being written. The idea of a to do list to me would be a great way to start. Love the idea! Thank You!

Gee