Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Lyn Reviews Author Roxanne Rustand's Duty to Protect & Have You Ever Read Betty Neels

Duty to ProtectDuty to Protect by Roxanne Rustand
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Roxanne is a dear friend but even if I didn't know her, I would have given this book 5 stars. Duty to Protect in her "Big Sky Secrets" series hits every note right on key. A lovely and endangered heroine, a handsome cowboy/former cop hero, a cross country chase--and every plot twist heightens the tension between the hero (Jake) and heroine (Emma) and the very real danger Emma faces. Roxanne knows the horse world and the Big Sky country from personal experience and it shows. She even manages to throw in some family dynamics with the hero's teen-aged nephew and someone out to take Jake's ranch. So if you enjoy a sweet romance, a fast-paced mystery set in Big Sky Country, don't miss Duty to Protect!

Now let's go to another author, the late Betty Neels who wrote for Harlequin long before Love Inspired Romances came to being. Have you ever read one of her books? They keep reprinting them with new covers. Here's one of my faves.

View all my reviews Stormy SpringtimeStormy Springtime by Betty Neels
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Betty Neels is my role model. She started writing for Harlequin in the 1960's and wrote till she died in 2001 after penning 134 books.

Betty's books are all very similar--a masterful hero who is usually a doctor and with a family connection to Holland.

I'm fascinated by her books. This is because while they are all vaguely familiar, I always enjoy them! And I always care about her heroines.

How did she do that? I even re-read her books. Three times for this one!

View all my reviews

Question: What makes an author your favorite? You tell me what you think and then I'll give you my take!--Lyn

BTW, my novella FOR SOPHIA'S HEART http://www.amazon.com/For-Sophias-Heart-Novella-ebook/dp/B00870NWGE/ref=as_li_tf_ssw?&linkCode=wss&tag=lyco-20  will be free on Kindle Aug 24-25th! 

AND tomorrow TH the 9th, Amish LI Author Patricia Davids guest on my blog http://booksbylyncote.com/SWBS/new-book-release/amish-author-p…t-to-be-strongand will be giving away 2 copies of her latest LI, Home for Hannah, drop by & leave a comments!

One more note- I contributed to this-A Free Kindle book 

No comments: