Friday, December 9, 2011

Tis the Season for Giving...


I have always enjoyed making gifts for friends, family and neighbors for Christmas. Although admittedly, I’ve slowed down quite a bit as my children have gotten older…nothing to do with me getting older, you understand. ~grin~

Each year, I used to craft a new Christmas ornament for my children with the idea that by the time they married and moved out, they’d have a special collection to take with them. This is a picture of a few of the ornaments I’ve made over the years.

This year, I’m working on a very special gift, a flannel Christmas quilt for my grand daughter’s FIRST Christmas, and… I’m running out of time!!!

So far I’ve only got the squares cut out!

But that’s because I’ve been working on some new kinds of Christmas gifts this year—gifts for my readers.

My debut novel Deep Cover came out in September, and a few days ago, I posted fun “Novel Extras” on my website.

Think “DVD Extras” except for novels.

I’ve included things like: deleted scenes, bloopers, location pictures, character interviews, and editor’s cut with commentary.

And…

Links to download two free recipe books.

And…

Because I often finish reading a story and wish I could read more about the characters once they’re together, I’ve written a story about Rick and Ginny’s first Christmas. (i.e. the hero and heroine of Deep Cover)

I’m emailing the story to my newsletter subscribers next week, so if you’d like to receive it, there’s still time to subscribe 

In the meantime, please hop over and check out the Novel Extras. I'd love to hear what you think.

I wish you all a joyous Christmas season, filled with family and friends, as we celebrate the greatest love of all. 

Your Turn: Do you have a Christmas ornament or decoration that is extra special? 


No comments: