Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Countdown to the ACFW Conference!


By Debby Giusti

I’m flying to Dallas tomorrow for the American Christian Fiction Writers Conference. This past week has been busy, which always seems the norm before a conference. Probably because I’m cutting into my work time while away and have to double-up on my production schedule before I leave home.

Although busy, it’s been a fun seven days. Last Tuesday, I met with a local book club that selected my current release, THE COLONEL’S DAUGHTER, the third book in my Military Investigations series, for their monthly selection. The ladies—Carroll Pellegrinelli, Teri Sauer, Suzie Luciano and Aileen Friedlein—were so welcoming and had such kind things to say about my story.  Thank you, ladies!  Thank you, too, for the yummy dinner of chicken quesadillas, green salad, fruit kabobs and key lime pie.

For wonderful baked recipes, check out Carroll’s guide to desserts and baking at baking.about.com.
L to R: Teri Sauer, Debby Giusti, Aileen Friedlein, Carrol
Pellegrinelli, and seated, Susan Luciano. 

Wednesday evening, I joined my own book club for delicious finger food and great discussion about our own monthly selection.  All of us attended a church retreat a number of years ago and have been meeting monthly since then.  Our upcoming selection is THE ALCHEMIST, by Paulo Coelho.
L to R front row: Elfi, Debby, Ginger, Gerry, Terry, Judy.
Back row: Dee, Tammy, Mary, Rita, and Joan.
 Thursday, I blogged about Travel Tips for those attending ACFW. Check it out at http://seekerville.blogspot.com/2012/09/travel-tips.html.

The rest of the week, I worked on the first three chapters and synopsis of the fifth book in my series. This story deals with the army’s Wounded Warrior Program and has been rewarding for me to write. I mailed the pages late yesterday afternoon and posted this blog last night.

Today, I’m packing and attaching labels to small composition books that I’ll give away at the conference. If you’re heading to Dallas, be sure to say hello.  The best part of any writers’ event is meeting friends old and new.

Safe travel! Happy reading and happy writing.

Wishing you abundant blessings,
Debby Giusti



No comments: