Below is the character interview for my current Love Inspired book. It is the third book in the Town Called Hope Series, about a town that recovers from a hurricane. With the recent hurricane along the Gulf Coast, I wanted to offer a prayer for health, safety and recovery. Having lived in the area that was hit by the hurricane, my heart goes out to the residents. May God be with you as you rebuild.
Heroine Interview from A Mom's New Start (Love Inspired, Sept. 2012) by Margaret Daley:
1. Maggie Sommerfield, tell me the most interesting thing about you.
I don't know if it's interesting, but the thing I like to do the best and is most interesting to me is gardening. Taking a plot of land and turning it into a beautiful work of art.
2. What do you do for fun?
Read and gardening--lately most of my free time, however, has been spent putting a house damaged by the hurricane back to its original condition.
3. What do you put off doing because you dread it?
Dusting. That is one chore I hate. Not long after you dust, more settles and you just need to dust again.
4. What are you afraid of most in life?
Being abandoned again--first my fiance and then my parents. I don't put myself out there because I don't want another to walk away from me.
5. What is the most important thing to you?
My son--he is everything to me.
6. Do you read books? If so, what is your favorite type of book?
I read romances--love is what makes the world go around. I was fortunate to love one man, even though he was taken from me before we could marry.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Not to be afraid to let myself love again.
8. Do you have a pet? If so, what is it and why that pet?
Yes, I got a two legged dog (injured in the hurricane) from my cousin, Nathan, a vet. She is amazing and doesn't let her disability stop her from doing anything.
9. If you could travel back in time, where would you go and why?
I wouldn't want to go anywhere because the Lord put me where I am for a reason. I am content for living in the present.