Friday, April 8, 2011

Why I Love My Latest LI--Lyn Cote



Lyn Cote here. At your local Wal-Mart my latest Love Inspired, Daddy in the Making, perches on the book shelf, waving to prospective readers. At least, that's how I picture it in my mind. :-)

Daddy in the Making is one of those books I had fun writing--really. I love animals and this story features a match-making basset hound. (Don't you just LOVE those big brown sad eyes? Awww-irresistible.)

And it has two golden tabby kittens (Do you remember helping name them on my blog?)

And twin seven-year-old girls and a mom with a big heart. Not to leave out--a best friend hero, a vet who really cares about his patients and gives to them (often too much).

So what's not to like?

Though the story has lighthearted elements, both my hero Jake and my heroine Jeannie hide past wounds. The best part is their finding healing and a happy ending. Sigh.

This is the second book in my "New Friends Street" series, set in a fictional town of Hope, WI where three Habitat for Humanity houses are being built for three families. Jeannie is helping build her house #2.

BTW, has Amazon got a deal for you! The first book in this series, Shelter of Hope, is on sale, in both digital $ 1.56 and Large Print $1.64. Click here to take advantage of these marked down prices.

To read an excerpt, click here. Well, that's all I have to say. Have you read Shelter of Hope or Daddy in the Making? If you have, would you consider, writing a brief review of those on Amazon.com? I'd appreciate it!

Do you have a favorite Love Inspired? Which one?--Lyn



7 comments:

Ausjenny said...

I love the look of your new book and kittens get me in. Do I have a favourite LI what a question! There are so many good ones I do love Cheryl Wyatts but then I love Jillian Harts, Ruth Logan herne, and so many more.I loved the Alaskan bride rush series and the list goes on.

beemama said...

I just finished reading this one! It is a wonderful story. I remember the contest to name the kittens. It was fun to see the offerings.
I enjoyed the first one in the series too.
Can't wait for the next one. Wonder where the bedroom suites are coming from?
As to a favorite, there is NO WAY I can pick one over all the others. There are some that I like more than others, but there is no way to pick just one. You gals just keep getting better and better at what you do!
Blessings to you.
Shirley

Lyn Cote said...

I love this group! And yes, it is hard to pick a favorite LI. I can't. And, Shirley, if you could write a few lines as a review on Amazon or GoodReads, I'd appreciate it. I don't have any reviews for this book yet.
Thanks in advance!

Jillian said...

Hey Lyn! I plan to pick up your book tomorrow when I go to Walmart with my mom. To answer your question, I haven't read a LI that I didn't like. :)

apple blossom said...

I am looking forward to featuring this book on my blog on April 20&21 with a giveaway.

Eva Maria Hamilton said...

Congratulations Lyn for winning Best LIH of 2010 from RT for Her Healing Ways!!!

Lyn Cote said...

Jillian, I like you! And Apple Blossom, I'm looking forward to it too. And thanks, Eve. I just noticed on Amazon, the sale on Shelter of Hope is off. Boohoo.