Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Rhythm of Writing


By Debby Giusti
Have you ever wondered what an author does each day? Reflecting on my own life, I realized there’s a rhythm to writing…

THE OFFICER’S SECRET, the first book in my Military Investigations Series, will be on sale in May. I just finished reviewing the final copy—called Author Alterations—of the second book in the series, THE CAPTAIN’S MISSION, which will be in stores this October. I’ll UPS the AAs to my editor this afternoon.

Last week, I submitted two more story ideas to my agent, who then sent the submission to my editor. In the next couple of weeks, she’ll review my ideas and hopefully approve them for publication. I’m waiting to receive word back.

Today I was notified KILLER HEADLINE, a story I wrote two years ago that was published in 2010, is a finalist in the NATIONAL READERS CHOICE AWARD. (Books are eligible to be entered into writing contests the year following the copyright date.) Winners will be announced at the Romance Writers of America Conference so I won't know how the story did until then.

This Friday, I’ll head to Huntsville, Alabama, to attend the Heart of Dixie Readers Luncheon. I’m donating a basket filled with books and other goodies that day. In addition, the gals who sit at my table will receive a copy of THE OFFICER’S SECRET and some other little gifts as my thank you for joining me for the event. So this afternoon, I’ll also shop for the basket and gifts.

Later today, I’ll write more on the third story in my Military Investigations Series and then work on a press release for a book signing for THE OFFICER’S SECRET. My wonderful local bookseller hosts a signing with the release of each of my books. I like to give something back to my community, and for this story, I’m donating a portion of the proceeds to Bridget O’Connell, a little girl in my area who needs a kidney transplant. (Contact Omega Book Center, at 770-487-3977, to pre-order a copy of my book to help Bridget.)

Writing, rewrites, editing, mailings, shopping...are all part of my writing life.

What’s the rhythm of your life revolve around?

Wishing you Easter blessings!
Debby Giusti
http://www.debbygiusti.com/
http://www.seekerville.blogspot.com/

THE OFFICER’S SECRET is available in regular paperback format as well as large print and e-book. Pre-order now. Contact Omega Book Center, 770-487-3977 to help Bridget.

THE OFFICER’S SECRET
By Debby Giusti
Love Inspired Suspense

SECRETS ON AND OFF BASE
In the middle of the night, Maggie Bennett finds her army officer
sister dead in her military housing. She’s devastated by the loss of
the estranged sibling with whom she was trying to reconnect. But as
U.S. Army criminal investigations agent Nate Patterson begins asking
questions about the officer’s suspicious death, Maggie can’t tell the
handsome man everything she knows. Except that her sister was
definitely murdered—for a secret Maggie can’t share. Then she walks
into the killer’s trap and has to trust Nate with the truth…and
her heart.

8 comments:

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Patsy,
Wish you could be at the luncheon, as well. It's always a wonderful event.

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Maryrose! Thanks for your best wishes!

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Jackie,
Thanks so much for donating my books to your church library. Word of mouth is the best recommendation and having the books available to the folks in your church is fantastic!

THANK YOU!!!

I'm meeting Bridget and her mom this afternoon for photos that I'll have on my own blog and on Seekerville May 18th. Hopefully people will open their hearts to this adorable little girl with the big need.

Thanks for being part of the effort, Jackie.

Rachel said...

Wow. Congrats on the book award thing even though we don't know if you won or not. Hope you do. I read about your new book a day or two ago and it sounds interesting. I think I might read it. Congrats again and have fun at your lunchen.

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Rachel, thanks for your sweet comments! I hope you can get my book...it will be in book stores and groceries by mid-May. As you probably know, the books only stay on the shelves for about a month before a new batch arrives. However, Amazon.com and eHarlequin.com, as well as other online book stores, carry them for much longer.

Debby Giusti said...

Hi Today's Hope!

Hope you enjoy THE OFFICER'S SECRET. Thanks for mentioning YULE DIE. I liked the title too. In fact, I submitted one story that didn't sell to my editor, hoping to use the title. The following year, I wrote the novella so I could have a YULE DIE story. Glad it worked for you. :)

HUGS!

Merrillee said...

Congratulations on being a finalist in the NRCA.

apple blossom said...

sounds like a good book