Tuesday, April 12, 2011

P90X and me


My name is Renee Ryan and I have a release out today. THE LAWMAN CLAIMS HIS BRIDE is Book 4 in my Charity House series. I have an interview with the hero, Logan Mitchell, up on eHarlequin. To read it, go to: http://community.eharlequin.com/content/character-interviews

Today I want to talk about another one of my favorite things besides writing. I am an infomercial junkie. There, I said it. But don’t get me wrong. I’m not hooked on all infomercials. That would just be silly. I’m a sucker for the exercise infomercials. And I have a large collection of equipment and DVDs to prove it. I even use most of the programs and equipment that I purchase. No, really. I do.

I consider Billy Blanks a personal friend. I know the girls from the Firm by their first names. I’ve trained with famous faces from Dancing with the Stars. I own every size dumbbell, mat and band imaginable. I have three sets of steps for step-aerobics. Best of all, I own the cute outfits that go along with all of the above.

Okay, so not all of my purchases have resulted in weight-loss success. In fact, many of the so-called claims to instant skinniness were downright lies. So after years of hits and misses, I consider myself an expert on what will and what won’t work. In other words, I’m jaded. But I’m always hoping to find the next best program. And I think I’ve found it. P90X.


The infomercial claims I, too, will get a great physique if I follow the program to the letter. There are no false promises this time, not if you listen carefully. The program will be hard work. For the low cost of three easy payments of thirty nine dollars each (or something like that) I could get into the best shape of my life.

But wait, there’s more (you knew that was coming). As the half hour continued to tick away, I could get lots of “extras” if I paid the full dollar amount plus shipping in one payment. I signed up that day.

I’m a week into the program with the sore muscles to prove it. Muscles, I might add, that I never knew I had. I feel like an out-of-shape eighty-year-old woman who has spent her life sitting on a lounge chair eating bon-bons. Long story short, I will not be defeated by a fitness program, not even P90X. I plan to finish the ninety-day workout.

Stay tuned to find out if I make it all the way to the end. Limping away now...

3 comments:

Ausjenny said...

oh my I hope you dont mind my laughing with you not at you.
I feel your pain to as I find muscles I didn't know I had at times. (with winter coming some that were forgotten will show up when I start chopping wood again)
Cant wait to hear the results of this latest buy.

Renee Ryan said...

Hi Ladies,

Oh, yeah, please, laugh with me!!! I'm at the age where pounds are adding up, too. I cannot seem to keep up. I now know how a salmon feels swimming upstream. UGH!

Ausjenny said...

My knees gone out for you. its been playing up all week for some reason. maybe sitting to long! but im taking a break from an assignment right now.