Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Final Episode by Leann Harris

I bet I wasn't the only one who watched Downton Abby's final Episode. I enjoyed how Julian Fellowes wrapped up the different story lines running the the series. Seeing the growth in the characters delighted me. Mary grew the most with helping Anna with her problem pregnancy and how she set up the meeting with Edith and Berdie, trying to undo the break she caused. If that hadn't happened, I would've pitched a fit. That's one of the main reasons I started writing, to put the right ending to a story. For me Downton Abby ended on a high note. I would've loved for the the series to go into WWII, but then that would've required new actors to play the children. The thing that is encouraging is this series has found fans all around the world. What did you like best about Downton Abby?

5 comments:

Keli Gwyn said...

I loved the wonderful settings and exquisite costumes, but my favorite aspect of the show were the richly developed characters. I grew to care about them. Well, most of them anyhow, since there were a few villains in the mix. Watching beloved characters change and grow over the course of the show was a delightful experience. I'll miss my fictional friends at Downton Abbey.

Jackie Smith said...

I have to admit I never watched the show. I prefer reading to watching tv!!!

Jennifer said...

I have not seen it either but I've seen previews and have liked the historical time period and the castle is amazing!

jcp said...

I stopped watching after season 4..I need to get caught up. Although I have to admit there were other periods I like better.. Call the Midwife

Terrill R. said...

I loved the final episode. It wrapped things up nicely and set the tone for the characters future. I will miss the annual traditional English dinner that a group of friends and I have had every year to kick off the new season.