Friday, January 30, 2009

Girlfriends

Girlfriends come in all flavors, shapes and sizes. I've got girlfriends I call for a girl's night out when I'm sure the men in white coats are lurking around the corner. Girlfriends I call when I'm sad and need an encouraging word. I've got girlfriends I call when I can't figure out how to get my heroine out of a tight spot without blowing something up. And girlfriends I call when my husband is driving me crazy because I know they'll remind me why I love him.

According to research, women speak approximately twice as many words per day as men. Is it any wonder that our girlfriends are essential??

Proverbs 17:17 says, "A friend loves at all times and a brother [sister!] is born for adversity." The word friend is found in the Bible around 90 times. Friendship is part of God's plan. Which is a really good thing because as cute as they are...my dogs just aren't that great at conversation.

No comments: