RSS Feed for Love Inspired BlogFollow the Love Inspired Authors on TwitterVisit the Love Inspired Authors on Facebookout nowcoming nextour authorscontestblogcontact

Our Blog

 

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Small miracles still happen..

Jenna Mindel here, giving some serious praise for the successful birth of our puppies and the good health of their Rat Terrier Mama - our little Peanut.  We bred Peanut with a Jack Russell terrier for the pure joy of having puppies with no intent to sell them or become breeders.   This was a one time deal.   I studied, I researched, but when the time came for Peanut to deliver, things didn't go well.  Her contractions went away.   After an emergency trip to the vet's for shots to get things moving again, we returned home with bad expectations.  The vet didn't think the puppies would make it as their heart rates were so low, and if Peanut didn't deliver, she'd be in trouble too.  My husband and I prayed - Steve even called our pastor and asked him to pray.  Peanut delivered 4 healthy pups - 3 female and 1 male.  From left to right is Hazelnut, Filbert (laying down), Walnut and Almond.

God chose to touch our dog.  Why would He do that?  Amazing still, God answered my question in my devotions the morning after the delivery.  The passage told a tale of how God cares about what we care about.  And we love our little Peanut and her pups.  We're so very thankful for this small miracle!

On another happy side-note, last week I received the cover for my June 2013 release - and it's just gorgeous!

Check it out at my website www.jennamindel.com

Thank you for stopping by and let me know what kinds of miracles God's made in your life?

Bless you!


Labels: , ,


 

17 Comments:

  • At February 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM, Anonymous Kathleen Irene Paterka said…

    Hi Jenna,

    Love the photos of Peanut and her baby pups! Congratulations on being a 'grandma'! God shows love to all His creatures, and we are so blessed. So many miracles in my life, too many to count, so I will simply say that TODAY is a blessing. And the gift of your friendship is a blessing, too.

    Congratulations on your new release! Love the cover!

    ~ Kathleen

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How sweet....glad all are well!

    Lovely cover on your book...can't wait to read it!
    jackie.smith[at]dishmail[dot]net

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 8:57 AM, Blogger Christine Johnson said…

    God blesses us constantly, and He clearly blessed you with your new puppies. Thank you for sharing the story. And congratulations on the lovely cover!

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Blogger Jenna Mindel said…

    Kathleen,
    Thank you for stopping by. Good practice to count our blessings daily - especially good friends who share in both our sorrows and triumphs! Thank YOU for being such a friend!

    Kathleen is one of my critque partners who's been there since the beginning of my journey with Love Inspired.

    Have a wonderful day.

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM, Blogger Jenna Mindel said…

    Jackie,
    Thank you for posting. I LOVE my new cover too! :)

    And it was a joy watching those puppies come into the world. We even helped pull out Walnut (Wallie-girl) the pup we're definitely keeping. :)

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Blogger Jenna Mindel said…

    Christine,
    Thank you for posting and for being a great critique partner and friend.
    God certainly blessed the three of us gals for getting together! Wahoooo.

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Blogger Valri said…

    Cute puppies! Nothing like newborn "anything"! My granddaughter just turned one and I can't believe how fast that year went. I love the cover of your new book. Look forward to reading it soon!

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM, Blogger Jenna Mindel said…

    Valri,
    Thanks for stopping by! Congratulations on your newly turned 1yr old granddaughter! How exciting. Love the clothes options for little girls and all those ruffles!

    Have a wonderful day!

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your puppies are so adorable! Congrats on the puppies and the new cover.

    kaylenespence(at)gmail(dot)com

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Blogger Jenna Mindel said…

    Thanks Kaylene!
    So glad you stopped by. Those puppies are growing fast - starting to walk (they are 3 wks old now) but still roly-poly.

    Have a wonderful day!

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I'm so glad all those cute little puppies are healthy and that mommy is doing well! I like when God proves the doctors wrong or vets.
    Your cover looks awesome and I'm grateful that you were so blessed!
    jennydtipton(at)gmail(dot)com

     
  • At February 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Blogger Jenna Mindel said…

    Thank you Jennifer,
    I mean, logic says that the vet was preparing us for the worse case scenario and sent us home with Peanut hoping for the best. We prayed that Peanut would make it. The vet was surprised when we came back in the morning with 4 live pups and healthy mama. And we were able to share our faith too.

    All I know, is that God answers prayer - not always the way we want Him to, He knows what is best.
    But I sure am grateful He chose this instance to give us even more than we expected.
    Have a great day!!

     
  • At February 20, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Anonymous Cindy Wells said…

    Hi Jenna,
    Your puppies are so adorable. I am happy that your story had a happy ending. I love all animals and my family laughs at me for the amount of love I give my pets. I have been truly blessed with all of the animals that have shone up on my doorstep and adopted me as their new mommie. I enjoy reading your books and always look forward to finding more to read. Thank you for writing such good feeling books.

     
  • At February 20, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Anonymous Cindy Wells said…

    Sorry forgot to leave my email

    cjw31(at)scdmh(dot)org

     
  • At February 20, 2013 at 4:55 PM, Blogger Jenna Mindel said…

    Cindy,
    Thanks for your post! Yeah, I'm an animal lover too. Lots of kisses and hugs - even my guinea pig gets them. LOL!

    And thank you for reading my work :) Very happy you've enjoyed them too.

    Have a blessed day.

     
  • At February 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Anonymous JackieW said…

    What adorable puppies. And I love how you gave them nut names. May God bless them.
    JFWisherd(at)aol(dot)com

     
  • At February 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM, Blogger Rose said…

    Congrats on your book cover! Also congratulations on the safe birth of the puppies! They are adorable.
    andantespirit08(at)gmail(dot)com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home